Dr. James R. Hirt, DPM
Meet Dr. James R. Hirt, DPM
Dr. Hirt grew up in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, where he completed his undergraduate studies at Lake Superior State University. He graduated with honors from the Alpha Chi National Honor Scholarship Society, earning a Bachelor’s degree in Biology, with minors in Chemistry and Psychology. During undergraduate training, Dr. Hirt was selected for a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Grant for the study of Neuro-physiology of Parkinson’s disease at the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington.
Dr. Hirt completed his foundational medical education at the California School of Podiatric Medicine in San Francisco, California, where he graduated with recognition from The National Scholars Honor Society. He went on to receive advanced podiatric training at prominent medical institutions in California, which included advanced training in diabetic wound care at the Veterans Administration (VA) Hospital San Francisco.
Upon completing his medical school education, Dr. Hirt wanted to return to Michigan for further training. He was accepted for advanced foot and ankle surgical training residency at Genesys Regional Medical Center. Dr. Hirt is the current Representative for the Northeast Division of the Michigan Podiatric Medical Association.
- Advanced training in diabetic wound care
- Advanced training in foot and ankle reconstructive surgery
- Member of the American Podiatric Medical Association www.APMA.org
- Member of the American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management www.AAPPM.org
- Member of the Michigan Podiatric Medical Association www.MPMA.org
- Board certified in foot surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery www.ABPS.org
- Attending physician at Genesys Region Medical Center www.Genesys.org
- Attending physician at Hurley Medical Center (my “find a physician” listing)
- Attending physician at McLaren Regional Medical Center www.MclarenRegional.org
- On staff at Mid-Michigan Surgery Center www.Mclarenregional.org
- On staff at Health Park Surgery Center www.Genesys.org
Dr James R. Hirt, guest speaker, educating residents at Genesys about advanced surgical procedures and techniques
Abstract for Efficacy of Allogenic Bone Implants in a Series of Consecutive Elective Foot Procedures